Thread: The Divine Nature Of God; Know God:be god

Bronze Member

The Divine Nature Of God; Know God:be god

CHAPTER ONE

GOD THE CREATOR

God is a supreme being, creator and ruler of the universe. He is the self-existent one, the “I am that I am” i.e. He does not require anything from anyone to be who He is or what He wants to be. So God chooses what or who He wants to be; whenever He wants to be it. Just for your notice, when God saw that the world needed change He became the Creator. When He saw that the children of Israel needed help; He became their Deliverer. When there was no one to save us from sin, He took charge and sent someone like Himself to be our Saviour. When He wanted a lamb to cleanse us from our sin, He made someone like Himself a lamb for the sacrifice and when He saw that we needed life, He became our life. Like Paul I will say I cannot say more about the “I am that I am” now.

Before the mountains were brought forth, Or ever you had formed the earth and the world, Even from everlasting to everlasting, You are God. (Psalm 90:2) In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. (Genesis 1:1)

It is clearly written, “in the beginning God created.” This makes us understand that God was the only person (and no one else was) present at the beginning. We do not want to ask the question about where He was when He created the things that we now see. The question we might want to ask is: How did God create the World? (Genesis 1: 3a) The Bible says, “And God said…” We know that the Spirit of the Lord was moving upon the face of the deep. The Bible also says, “ Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts..”(Zechariah 4:6). Therefore we can conclude that Papa God had in mind what He wanted when He said let there be. So when He said it, the Word caused the Holy Spirit to take action, producing the required result.

During creation, we see that God only spoke the word. He said let there be and there was.
    By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible. (Hebrews 11:3)
    All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made.(Him hear signifying the Word) (John1:3)
    Thus the worlds were framed by the word of God. If the world was created by the word of God, then it means the world is subject to the word of God. If the word of God framed the world, then God can still make adjustments in the world through His word.

Also since God created everything, He (God) has claimed total ownership of everything, by right of creation.

I will not take a bull from your house, Nor goats out of your folds. For every beast of the forest is Mine, And the cattle on a thousand hills. I know all the birds of the mountains, And the wild beasts of the field are Mine. If I were hungry, I would not tell you; For the world is Mine, and all its fullness. (Psalm 50:9-12)
    And God saw the light, that it was good; and God divided the light from the darkness. (Genesis 1:4)

God saw the light that He had made and said it was good. What was He saying? He was giving guarantee that what He had made was as good as He wanted it to be and fit for the purpose for which He had made it. Looking very closely, we find out that there is another name attached to His creative nature. This is called manufacturer. Come to think of it, when God had finished creating all the other things, the scriptures did not get to details on how He made them, talking only of His word. However, when it came to man’s time, He did not just say let there be man, rather He said, let us make or manufacture man in our image. Brethren, by understanding, I truly think that; this is how God made all the other things that we see. Yet for reason of emphasis, He capitalized on what He said because that was the main tool behind creation. By this I am saying that though the word was a principal tool during creation, it was not the only tool.

And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. (Gen 1:26-27)

So we see that God created man, but for the sake of understanding, I will rather say He manufactured or made man. Hence, He took His time to put His image into the fabric and instilled dominion in them. He was therefore a special creation to God. It is no doubt that man came up to be supreme amongst all of God’s creation because God took His time to print His nature in him. When God was creating the other animals, He did define them; but not according to His nature as He did with man.
    For your Maker is your husband, The LORD of hosts is His name; (Isaiah 54:5a).
    We see from above that God Himself is our Maker.
    To Him who by wisdom made the heavens, For His mercy endures forever; (Psalm136:5)
    The LORD by wisdom founded the earth; By understanding He established the heavens; (Proverbs 3:19)

Beloved if God established the heavens by understanding and founded the earth by wisdom, then it means there was more work in creation than just speaking and seeing. Don’t you think so? If it involved wisdom and understanding, then it means before or after He spoke the word there was a lot of thinking on His part. Yet in Genesis for the sake of time and space like John in his closing remark said, the writer decided to cut it short. So everything that God made, He took time to manufacture it step after step until He finished it and said it was good. God could have said it is good even before He started working because He is a God of faith calling things that be not as though they are. God still took time to work on every detail about what He was creating.
    And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness. And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day. (Genesis1:3-5)

The question I will ask from the above scripture you just read is this: If that light just appeared the way we have been made to believe, then why did it take the whole evening and morning? We know also that a day to God is like a thousand years to us.

Hence calculating from that, a day in God’s creation could easily mean one thousand years.

When we read that creation took seven days, we could from this time difference, deduce that all of creation took at least seven thousand years. If you even see the earth and the way it functions you will agree with me that it is not just a God said issue only; someone took time to arrange everything in its place. The earth is naturally recycling itself.

One generation passes away, and another generation comes; But the earth abides forever. The sun also rises, and the sun goes down, And hastens to the place where it arose. The wind goes toward the south, And turns around to the north; The wind whirls about continually, And comes again on its circuit. All the rivers run into the sea, Yet the sea is not full; To the place from which the rivers come, There they return again. (Ecclesiastes1:4-7)
    If you accept the geography of Solomon above, then you will agree with me that the world was made by a master planner. And not just talking, though His word formed one of the principal tools of creation. God was not just joking when He created the earth. The Guy took His time to make the earth with a plan that will last forever. See if you are asked to make a car, you will just put your ideas to work and come up with a car. Yet if you are asked to make a car that will last forever, you will not just do anything. That is the state of mind God had when He was making the world to last forever. With this understanding, you will say God really had to rest on the seventh day. With this understanding also, I want you to know that the theory of the big bang might actually be the way God created the world.

However, the only thing I think is wrong with that theory is that they say no one did it. This they say because they hate God and don’t want to acknowledge Him, but cannot openly endorse the devil so they say no one. If the world created itself like they say, then the same process should continue today. Why then do people create things? They could have just said as the world created itself, if you need a car, just tell the car and it will create itself. Also if man just evolved from ape like they say, then why has man not evolved to something else after such a long time? Maybe they should tell us what man will evolve to because they have told us what he came from. Foolishness in high places! Christians do not believe anything.

"Is anything too hard for the LORD? At the appointed time I will return to you, according to the time of life, and Sarah shall have a son." (Genesis 18:14)
    If you have had some experience walking with the Lord, you will know that the things of God all have a time tag on them. In the above scripture after God had mentioned the fact that nothing is too hard for Him, He still said according to the time of life. It means life has timing attached to it.
    I, the LORD, will hasten it in its time."(Isaiah 60:22b)
    So even when God hastens things, He only does it in its time. Wow! God does not just cause things to appear, He makes them with time.

Now talking of creation, there is one aspect that you have to note going forward: Creation in itself is the conception of a new idea about something you want to do and the planning to bring that idea into reality.
    After this understanding it will be good that we go on to see the three characters or abilities of God that are birth by this His creative nature.

The Character of Faith

At this stage, it is very necessary for us to know or note that God never asks us to walk in anything that is different from Him. Deuteronomy 13:4a says “You shall walk after the Lord your God and fear him….” This means that God only asks us to do those things that He himself does. In order words, God will not ask us to walk by faith when He himself is not walking by faith. If God actually took time to make all the things we now see, then how in the summary of His word did He come to the conclusion that mostly only what He said during creation should be written in the Bible? Come to think of it for example; Imagine that you just finished the construction of a great house and were asked to write a report on how you built the house. What you will want to do is break the project in stages and write how you accomplished each stage. Then if you are asked to reduce those report stages to just bullet points of at most three sentences, you will want to make sure you write down the most important and challenging part of that stage. On the foundation you could write something like this:

We filled the swampy area with dirt, separated the water from the site and raised 12 80ft. long circular pillars with a diameter of 10ft. with 25ft. below ground covering a total area of 2000sft. for a period of 2 months. To you this might be the most important thing you might want people to know about the work you did at the foundation level of the house you built. Why will you say that? You will say that because that is the most important thing you want people to know about that foundation work. But when God had to write a point form of all that He did, the most important thing He wanted us to know about what He did was what He said. So if you follow God’s example literally, your report for the foundation will be like this.

We said let there be foundation and there was foundation and we saw that the foundation was good; and the beginning and the end was 2 months. Wow! If you want to get fired from your project management Job fast that’s what you write as your report.

So the question is how did God come to the conclusion that the most important thing He did in creation was what He said?

That from the principle of Faith and by faith, you will also understand that the operations of God are different from that of the natural man. In Hebrew11: 3, the Bible makes us to know that the things that we see were not made of things which do appear. It is clearly stated that all things were created by the word of God and that without Him was not anything made that was made. Therefore, we see that God created the world and everything that we see by faith. The world was formless and void at creation. But God had ability to see the change He wanted in the midst of the obscurity and opposition.

….God, who gives life to the dead and calls those things which do not exist as though they did; (Romans4:17b)
    We know that God is a God of faith because He calls those things that are not as though they were. Come to think of it, it means when God said, “let there be light;” the time it took for what He said to actually come to existence is unknown. But from the Book we hear that the Evening and Morning where the first day. Hence God said let there be light. He then had faith that the light He spoke about was already in existence. If the light creation took place for a whole day, it means God spent that time describing and forming the light that He had created with His word. (i.e. being yet unseen).

The act of calling things that do not exist as though they already exist is what I call “The Faith of Creation”

For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also. (James 2:26)
    The process of this as we see is that God said it and worked it because faith without works is dead. The reason why this character of God is so connected to creation is the fact that faith and creation both have to do with the present, the future and the ability to develop or bring something new into existence. We know that God has planned for every dispensation things that He wants to do so since He cannot do it without His word, He starts declaring it before time i.e. calling it as though it already is. So the reason we call it faith is not just the words but the way the word is said and God’s mental disposition after the word has been spoken. God could have said I will make the light and the light will be good because that is how men speak. But He said, “let there be light,” then He said again, “and there was light.” On this there could be two periods when he said it:
    a) Immediately after He said let there be light or
    b) After the light was made.
    There are also two main reasons why someone will make his word the most important aspect of his work.
    1. That’s if he is a king or president with people in place to do what he commands
    2. That’s if his word has ability to make him or others do what he wants
    In my understanding, I think both of the above are true in the sense that God always calls Himself as Lord. A lord is never without subjects who obey and do the commands of their master. Also in the second case I think God’s word has the ability to make Him do whatever He says. If it were not so, then we will not call Him faithful because He always will do what He says. It means He is bound by His word. Also as He has made His word higher than His name, it means His word controls His actions. Since all the hosts of heaven fear God, they therefore will not lift hand or foot without His command.

So God speaks from who He is; then what He says dictates what He and everyone under His command does.

God’s Creation cycle
    fig 1_result_1.jpg

Check-out my entire book here

https://www.amazon.com/Divine-Nature.../dp/B073LM126W

Bronze Member
    Hello, everyone, my chapter was too long I had to cut it in half to meet 20000 words. Hope you will be blessed with this extract.

Bronze Member
    Hi,

Thank you for your chapter.

I just want to say, however, there is a problem with your title. Human beings cannot 'be god'. I think you need to know there is a significant problem with this. It is a grave blasphemy to consider oneself a god in any sense.

I have not read the rest of your book and therefore cannot comment further.

However, I think you need to be aware of that. God is God and men are men and the two cannot be mixed.

I pray that you prayerfully consider this.

Regards,
    Greg