Thread: The "James" Bible Study Trolley by Lisa Underwood Magro

Bronze Member

The "James" Bible Study Trolley by Lisa Underwood Magro

Lisa is a Christian author and a Bible teacher. Her love for Jesus is contagious. She writes Bible studies in a trolley tour format using the question and answer style of learning. The question and answer style of learning includes: unscrambling words, yes or no questions, multiple choice, and fill in the blanks. These trolley tour Bible studies are structured to help you understand why Jesus and the Bible are so very important. So, grab a seat on the trolley, buckle up and let's go!

Preview of Bible Study:

WELCOME TO THIS TROLLEY TOUR

J
    A
    M
    E
    S

LISA UNDERWOOD MAGRO

2017 Lisa Underwood Magro. All rights reserved.
    No part of this book may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted by any means without the written permission of the author.

ISBN: 978-1546854159

All Scriptures quoted or marked are from the NKJV translation of the Bible. (New King James Version, copyright @ 1994 and 1982 by Thomas Nelson, Inc.)

A tweet from Lisa

Hi, I want to welcome you to this trolley tour through the book of James! Let me tell you a little bit about myself. My name is Lisa and I live in Chattanooga, Tennessee. I am married to a wonderful man whose name is Rick. I have two precious stepsons: Michael and Nick, whom I love so very much. Michael, my oldest stepson, is actively involved in our church and teaches our middle-school students. The Lord has and is using Michael in a wonderful way to help our students in teaching them about Jesus as well as counseling them with the struggles and challenges they face today. Nick, my youngest stepson, has been on a mission trip and has participated in activities with students from our church as well.

Our family has travelled to various cities and at times we have ridden the city trolley tours. On these city tours, our family would get to the city trolley, pay for our trolley tickets and hop aboard the trolley. On the trolley, they would have a trolley tour guide who would explain about the city and the different attractions where the driver would stop.

For example, in Boston we hopped on the trolley and the trolley tour guide told us about the city and the various attractions such as the USS Constitution, Boston Tea Party Ships and Museum, Old State House, Boston Common and Faneuil Hall. If we wanted to visit the attraction, we would hop off the trolley, visit the attraction and wait at the trolley stop for the next trolley. We learned a lot about Boston from the city trolley tour.

This Bible study of James is setup in the same way as a city trolley tour. On this trolley tour, I will be your trolley tour guide. We will study the book of James and stop at different times and talk about some of the things mentioned in James. We will talk about how the book of James relates to us today. At the end of this trolley tour, we will return to the trolley station.

Throughout this tour, you will have various types of ways to find the answers. For example, “The ________ is such a wonderful _______ to _______.” (book, Bible, study) which means put the correct word in the space. You will see drbsecmla (scrambled) words to unscramble and put the correct word(s) in the blank(s). You will have multiple words to unscramble in a sentence for the answer. For example: “The __________ has ______ books that we can ______ a lot from.” (66, rlnae, eiBle)

This trolley tour is written in a question and answer format. I am using the NKJV Bible translation. I have learned so much from writing this Bible study that I want to share it with you! I hope that you will see how the book of James relates to you and me today!

Grab your Bible, your trolley ticket and hop on board!

Lisa, your trolley tour guide

Lisa’s Trolley Stop

Lisa is a Christian author and a Bible teacher. Her love for Jesus is contagious. Lisa graduated from Covington Theological Seminary with a Doctor of Theology degree.

Lisa and Rick reside in Chattanooga, Tennessee where they enjoy spending time with their sons and family, traveling, walking and biking.

Lisa has published books including: “The Door.” If you would like to contact her, she can be reached at lisaumagro@yahoo.com.

TROLLEY TICKET FOR JAMES

A tweet from Lisa
    Lisa’s Trolley Stop
    Chapter 1
    Trolley Stop 1: What is Faith?
    Trolley Stop 2: Got Temptation?
    Chapter 2
    Chapter 3
    Trolley Stop 3: To Talk or not to Talk?
    Chapter 4
    Chapter 5
    The Trolley Station

CHAPTER 1

Hello!

I am overjoyed you are joining me on this trolley tour! It may be a little brisk today so I have left the trolley windows up. The sky is so incredibly blue and the clouds are white and puffy. It is absolutely a marvelous day! We are going to have so much fun learning about the book of James together!

Let me give you a brief introduction to this “James” trolley tour. It is after Hebrews in the Bible and is the twentieth book of the New Testament. The book of James has five chapters and has one hundred and eight verses. Let’s do some research on this man named James. He was the half-brother of Jesus Christ. He was a devout Jew and is most likely the author. At one time, he did not believe in the Lord Jesus. Let’s read John 7:5, “For even His brothers did not believe in Him.” However, after Jesus’ resurrection, James changed from not believing to believing. The book of James has a lot for us to learn. I cannot wait! So hop on board and let’s go!

Please open your Bible to the book of “James” and let’s begin with Chapter 1....

1. “______________, a _________________ of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the _________________ tribes which are scattered abroad: _____________________” (vs. 1). (greetings, James, twelve, bondservant)

2. “My _____________, count it all _________ when you fall into various ___________,” (vs. 2) (trials, joy, brethren)

3. What does the testing of a believer’s faith produce?

a. Anxiety
    b. Turmoil
    c. Patience

What is Faith?

What is faith? We find the answer in Hebrews 11:1, “Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.” Below are some verses where faith is mentioned:

• “So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God” (Romans 10:17).
    • “For we walk by faith, not by sight” (2 Corinthians 5:7).
    • “For by grace you have been saved through faith…” (Ephesians 2:8).
    • “By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God…” (Hebrews 11:3).
    • “But without faith, it is impossible to please Him…” (Hebrews 11:6).
    • “By faith Noah, being divinely warned…” (Hebrews 11:7).
    • “By faith Abraham, when he was tested,…”(Hebrews 11:17).
    • “By faith the harlot Rahab did not perish with those who did not believe…” (Hebrews 11:31).
    • “And the prayer of faith will save the sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven” (James 5:15).

Faith is very important in a Christian’s life. Throughout the Bible as well as today, Christians have walked by faith and not by sight. (See 2 Corinthians 5:7.) One example of what it means for Christians to “walk by faith” is to trust the Lord in their circumstances.

4. “But let __________ have its ____________ work, that you may be perfect and __________, lacking ___________” (vs. 4). (perfect, patience, nothing, complete)

Please read verse 5 in your Bible.

5. If we lack wisdom, what should we do?

a. Try to figure it out ourselves
    b. Go to a friend
    c. Ask God

6. We are to ask in __________, with what? No ___________.

The outside cover can be previewed at: https://www.amazon.com/James-Bible-Study-Trolley

This Bible study is simple and has only 28 pages! It is for ages 12-102. It is a great way to study the book of James or just see how much you know about the book of James by going through the Bible study and answering the questions and then checking your answers in the Bible in James.

The 'James' Bible Study Trolley is available at Amazon as well as Teacherspayteachers.com. Also, "The 'Genesis' Bible Study Trolley (Series 1-5), Esther, Jonah and Ruth.

~Feedback from Teacherspayteachers.com on the Trolley Tour Bible Studies~

Every pre-teen or teenager would benefit from completing these Bible studies. Along with the Bible, these Bible studies, which are written in an easy format, are wonderful resource tools for students. I highly recommend them! March 29, 2017

Love the different techniques; perfect series for teenagers. March 18, 2017

Looking forward to the entire series! March 18, 2017

These are perfect for his Bible study for homeschooling. March 18, 2017

I have been doing these with my 13 year old grandson; not sure which one of us enjoys them more! March 18, 2017
    Last edited by chattanoogawriter; 07-26-2017 at 07:18 PM. Reason: Added feedback from tpt